Health Office » Home


The health office is staffed from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily.  Outside of these hours students are assisted by other office personnel.  Click here for the “Information from the Health Office for the School Year”.


We would like to remind you to keep your student’s EMERGENCY CARD information up-to-date. This can be done at the school offices.

Here is a link that will take you to the district website for health services:



You will find a wealth of information, including forms to download and links for various items of interest.  The district site includes information on the following items:

  •         Health screenings conducted at the school
  •         Athletic clearance information, including a form to download
  •         Confidential medical services information
  •         Food allergy information, including a download on district policy
  •         Health check-up
  •         Oral health assessment
  •         Illness and your child at school
  •         Head lice
  •         Immunizations
  •         Medication administration, including form for administration of medications at school


7th-Grade Whooping Cough Vaccine

All students entering seventh-grade each August must show proof of having had the whooping cough, or Tdap, vaccine before they will be allowed to attend school, according to California law (AB 354).


Please bring your student's updated immunization records to the HPMS health office.


Whooping cough, or pertussis, is widespread. If your child 10 years or older and has not yet received the Tdap booster, please contact your healthcare provider. Getting a booster shot now will protect your child against the disease and also meet the immunization requirement for school.


Please click here for more info at the Alameda County Public Health Department's website or call 510- 267-3200.


Forms and Downloads:

The files below contain the most commonly used health forms for school. Please print the forms you need, complete and sign forms and turn them in to the HPMS health office. Forms must be updated and re-submitted at the start of each school year.


Contract to Carry Life-Sustaining Medications on Campus

This form must be filled out and signed by a parent and/or guardian, the student and the prescribing physician. The completed form is needed if your child needs any form of prescription medication while at school, such as an inhaler, EpiPen, glucagon, insulin or other prescribed medications.


Food Allergy Action Plan

This form must be completed and signed by a parent and/or guardian and the child's physician. This form includes detailed information regarding your child's allergy, including symptoms, dosage of medication needed to offset an allergic reaction and emergency phone numbers.


Prescription or Over-the-Counter Medication Consent Form

This form must be completed and signed by a parent and/or guardian and the child's physician. The completed form is needed if your child needs to take any prescription or over-the-counter medications while on campus.


Inhalers on Campus

Students who carry inhalers must submit one form (see below) in order to carry their inhalers on campus:


NOTE: Forms marked with EDIT may be completed using your computer. You will not be able to save the completed form (unless you have the correct Adobe program), so hit print and wait for completed form to print before closing the file.


Debbie Scott

Health Clerk
Harvest Park Middle School
Health Office-Direct Line: (925) 426-4455
Fax Line: (925) 426-9613
Hours: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday