Student Council (ASB)/Leadership - Home Page
Student Council (ASB)/Leadership
The Student Council (ASB) is our student body government. At the beginning of each school year, first-period classrooms elect student body representatives to attend the ASB meetings throughout the school year. These reps, speak on behalf of their classmates and report important events, news, and budgetary items back to their classrooms. ASB meetings are lead by our 8th-grade student body officers. Students may run for office during the spring of their 7th-grade year, and serve the following school year. Please see ASB adviser Laura Castro if you have further questions about the process. Job responsibilities are outlined below.
The following offices ASB positions are open for election each academic school year:
Commissioner of Athletics
Requirements for holding/maintaining a student body office:
1. Had a minimum 2.5 GPA with no D’s, F’s, U’s, or S-’s during the candidate's previous school year.
2. Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA with no D’s, F’s, U’s, or S-’s for all four quarters while the candidate is holding office.
3. Demonstrate qualities of a good leader: CHRRIS characteristics and be a positive role model
for students at Harvest Park. Display appropriate behavior at all times. (No middle school
experiences of suspensions)
Failure to meet or maintain these requirements will result in a candidate/officer being removed from
the ballot or from office.
ASB Officer Duty Descriptions
There are a total of four ASB offices; you may run for any of the positions.
The ASB President candidate with the second most votes will become ASB Vice President.
1. The ASB President shall have the following duties:
(1) With the Student Council Advisor and ASB Executive Board, plan and prepare an agenda for the Student Council meetings; (2) preside over all Student Council meetings; (3) assist advisor in daily operation of the ASB responsibilities; (4) meet regularly with the administration; and (5) represent the Student Council at all school and school district meetings where this representation is
The ASB Vice-President shall have the following duties:
(1) Assist the President in all of the above duties; (2) Assume the duties of President, Secretary, Treasure, or Sports Commissioner in his/her absence; and (3) meeting regularly with the administration when needed.
The ASB Treasurer shall have the following duties:
(1) On a monthly basis, or as needed, maintain complete and accurate records of all ASB receipts and disbursements in consultation and with assistance of the ASB Bookkeeper and vice principal; (2) Present funding requests and budget reports to the Student Council; (3) provide a financial report at all Student Council meetings; (4) assist the ASB bookkeeper, incounting money and making deposits.
The ASB Secretary shall have the following duties:
(1) Maintain accurate minutes of each Student Council meeting; (2) Complete the minutes in the prescribed format by the next meeting of the Student Council for distribution to all 1st period teachers, student representatives and ASB Bookkeeper; (3) Take roll at all Student Council meetings; (4) Carry out all necessary correspondence for the Student Council; (5) Record and distribute an agenda for each Student Council meeting.
The Commissioner of Athletics shall have the following duty:
(1) Promote school spirit and coordinate ticket sales at all home sporting games. (2) Reports regularly to the Athletic Director; (3) organizes lunch time intramurals, including sign ups and equipment checkout; (4) assists the Athletic Director and the organization of, set up and break down of sports/games/activities at Harvest Park; (5) responsible news reports on HPTV of intramurals and after school sport’s scores and highlights.