COVID Safety Measures
Some safety measures outlined in the PUSD reopening plan and at Harvest Park are:
- District has modified the HVAC system at all schools to allow for a minimum 50% outside air intake. The units will be set to run continuously during school hours. All units are upgraded to MERV 13 filters. Teachers and staff will be encouraged to open exterior doors and operable windows when safe to increase outside airflow. The district has procured HEPA Air Purifiers.
- Set up of the campus to maintain social distancing and limit student sharing
- District has set up PPE coordinators at each site to make sure staff have access to necessary PPE
- Coordination of cleaning schedules to make sure high contact areas are cleaned regularly.
We will be reviewing safety procedures and routines with your student during the first week of school.
HPMS: Nicole Hurtado & Terry Brenner
HPPS: Gigi Kruse-Silva & Terry Brenner
- Use the face covering to help protect others in case you are infected but don’t have symptoms
Take off your face covering carefully
- Cloth face coverings should be washed after use every day
- If you are wearing a disposable face mask, after use you may bag it for 7 days (this is being very cautious, some guidelines may say 1-2 days) and then reuse it. Do not reuse if soiled or no longer provides a snug fit.
- Clean face shields after use every day according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Face shields must be worn with a mask
Student Compliance Regarding Mask Wearing:
- Teachers will instruct students on proper mask wearing protocol upon initial return to in-person learning and as-needed.
- When students are not correctly wearing masks, they will be directed to adhere to the mask wearing guidelines.
- For students who refuse to wear a mask correctly after being coached and instructed on proper mask wearing, parents will be notified and must pick up the student in a timely manner.
- Students who routinely do not comply with required mask wearing procedures will be placed in our remote learning program.
- Watch this video to understand how to move across campus.
- Outside (blue arrows) goes in a clockwise direction
- Inside (white arrows) goes in a counterclockwise direction
- As students enter the room, they should use the hand sanitizer provided (Shown in this video: Hand Sanitizer)
- Students will see what a class looks like set up for social distancing
- Physical distancing is defined as being six-feet apart from others in the classroom and in outside areas on campus.
- 6 foot spacing markers are present in areas where students must line up.
- As practicable for all classrooms, desk/chairs will be placed 6 feet apart (or the most current ACPHD and CDPH guidance) and arranged in a way that minimizes face-to-face contact.
- Where distancing is not possible (i.e. reception areas, counseling offices, RSP teachers, 1:1 assessment areas, etc.), PUSD will provide plastic/acrylic barrier shields at a staff member request.
- For SDC classrooms, there will be staggered restroom breaks, and specific designated areas for students will be provided requiring additional space and support to ensure physical distancing.
- Inside staff lounges and other common areas will be limited in number allowed at any given time in order to reduce crowding.